Monday, January 07, 2008

~@~TRUST?~@~


January 7, 2008 - Monday


"Trust?" Current mood: happy Category: Romance and Relationships


~*~Rose~*~


"There is no remedy for love but to love more." Henry David Thoreau, Journal, July 25, 1839**

"Is 51 Wiser Than 18?"
..
VERB: intr.
To have or place reliance; depend: Trust in the Lord. Trust to destiny.
To be confident; hope.


VERB: tr.
To have or place confidence in; depend on.
To expect with assurance; assume: I trust that you will be on time.
To believe: I trust what you say.
To place in the care of another; entrust.
To grant discretion to confidently: Can I trust them with the boat?


Am I Wiser At 51 Than I Was At 18 Or Am I More Naive?


When I was 18, I married a stranger and suffered through 9 years of being married to the wrong guy. Now I've been divorced for 23 years. I've dated, been engaged a few times, but I just don't trust a man to be true to not only me but to himself. How could I ever remarry, if the man who asks basis who he represents himself to be on a lie again? I guess I've allowed the scar of my first marriage keep me from easily trusting another man. When I do trust a man, it isn't only extremely difficult. It's also usually wrong. I trust so seldom, why can't I just trust the right guy for a change?
Rose

No comments: